Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I keep meaning to post more to this and that has become a monthly goal of mine. I feel this blog will begin to take form as my essays on sustainability, as my journal reflects just that. Today I want to revise and finish a poem and throw it out into the world wide mess. I am enjoying my time away from the time-clock. I quit my job to write and to follow my ultimate dreams of working for myself, from home. It was also fueled by the necessity to be creative, to explore and define my creativity. I plan to photograph more and play more music as well. Here is the poem....

A Bee Buzzing
As the fog melts, the frozen trees thaw.
As the frozen trees begin to thaw, the birds soon take flight.
As the birds fly, gracing the sky with songs-
The melodies flow through the melting fog.

As the ice melts, flowers soon bloom into color.
With the yearly bloom, Spring arrives.
And with Spring, a rebirth spills over the land.
Rebirth soon flows into growth;
The birds continue their song, while the green grass grows.
The trees sprout green tips while bees buzz around blossoms.
Buzzing into flowers
Pollinating.
Indulging.
Ruminating.
Buzzing turns into fruition.
And as the flowers bear fruit, summer has arrived.
 
Animals will eat and will animals die.
The cycle goes on, continually turning. 

That poem will probably take form and shift into something entirely different. For now, I am content to let it stand. I enjoy the impromptu writing style when I write poetry. My mind has little time to inflict upon the chose words and my images must stand alone. I must create solid imagery with select words right of the bat. Revision never gets me far in poetry. I like to let them stand and ruminate on poems for months before rewriting or revising them.


No comments:

Post a Comment